Monday, February 12, 2007

"Ball Gown", oil on masonite, 6x6" SOLD

click on image to bid
This dress is in the most amazing little shop. The floor is so full of gowns you can barely think. I introduced myself to the owners and explained about my paintings. They were most certainly foreign born and the conversation was a little labored. However, once they got over their skepticism they were very proud to have me wander the floor, appreciating all that they had painstakingly picked. When I reached the back of the store I was frozen with the sight of this lushious gown. It stood alone between two mirrors, elevated from the main floor. The color of the carpet defies definition. Teamed with the sherbert hues of the dress it was truly magical.

1 comment:

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

one day I'd love to have somewhere to actually wear that dress! I love this series of paintings