Tuesday, October 07, 2008

"Buggie" oil on masonite 6x6"

click on image to bid

Okay! busted. This is NOT from the Santa Fe trip. This is a marvelous little Boston Terrier that I met when I was downtown in the little place we live. He was so well behaved and with that wandering eye you just couldn't help but love him.
Just to catch up, I've been away for a week. I went with my husband to Grand Rapids, Michigan for the International Sculpture Conference. I didn't get to attend the conference (actually I could have...for $600!) but it was still a memorable trip. We stayed at the Amway Grand Plaza. The conference had a special rate there or we never could have afforded it. WHAT an amazing place! I didn't leave the hotel for 3 days and wasn't bored for one single moment. Just a quick highlight: I was in the work out room on Thursday at noon. Senator Obama had just presented a speech two blocks from our hotel in front of the local court house. WELL, the gym at the hotel actually has members. While I was there a group of judges and lawyers came in for there lunch hour work out and conversation. By the time they were done I felt like I should pay them for the entertainment. Like everyone else they were talking about the upcoming debate between Biden and Palin. What a hoot! There were persons on both sides of the issues as well as one lawyer that continually did his impersonation of Palin. It was an hour I won't soon forget.

No comments: