Thursday, March 27, 2008

"Lily White" oil on masonite 6x6"

click on image to bid

Ross and I grow these beauties in our garden. It started with my son's wedding. We planted Casablancas for their color - white - and their fabulous smell. We've planted lots since then so I've totally lost control of which is which...except the original Casablanca. You can NOT mistake that fragrance. When I started this image I thought the background would be deep, midnight blue. Something happened along the way....
Oh! and my thanks to Karin Jurick for her advice on photographing. Even though it was minimal it got me to revisit some of the Photo Shop elements. This may not be perfect but it's far better than it's been. Thanks Karin!

3 comments:

Roxanne Steed said...

This is absolutely 'knock-your-eyes-out' gorgeous!! Beautiful contrast, composition & cropping....!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

It is slamming. I think the orange background makes it!
I'll have to check out Karin Jurick's photo advice. I have Photoshop Elements but barely know how to use it.

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

what a fantastic design! love the color and the shapes here