Sunday, May 25, 2008

"Sputnik" oil on masonite 6x6" NFS


I haven't been in my studio in a couple of days. At least not to paint. My husband had his 62nd birthday yesterday and we had a huge bronze pour and party. There were 70+ folks here. The menu would make your eyes bug out (and your belly). People began to arrive around 10:30AM an the last to leave departed our driveway at about 1AM the next day. Whew! tired.
It was more fun than one deserves to have. I'm always amazed at how wonderful my family and friends are. Anyway.....this is the portrait I did of the birthday boy. I had planned on getting him golf lessons at the local course. Come to find out they have a pro but no lessons. Can anyone explain THAT to me? What's the point in having a pro? What does a painter do with little time and no ideas? PAINT. Those who know him would tell you that I missed his amazing sparkle. I would agree. Maybe because so much of it isn't evident until he opens his mouth to speak.
He teaches 3D design and sculpture at a community college. Some of his students were here for their first experience casting their own work. Magic.
I could go on and on.

2 comments:

sandra flood said...

Sounds like it was a whole lot of fun! The portrait looks great!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Sounds like you are just right for each other. Wonderful!
I like the portrait too.