Saturday, March 07, 2009

"Jeff" oil on masonite 6x6"


Wow! painting is easy. I just got a new camera based on a piece in an art magazine written by a photographer that I highly respect. This is the first piece I have photographed with the new machine. Getting it to download to my computer was a nightmare. I'm happy with the image but daunted by the process.
Anyway...this is my son. If you haven't noticed, he's a handsome devil. At 6'3" and 200+ pounds he has the disposition of a pussy cat. The truth is he looks more like my older brother's offspring than mine. I was really surprised at how easy the likeness came. I hadn't intended to leave it at such a rough stage but I just couldn't put my brush to it again.

1 comment:

Candy Barr said...

Wonderful Sharman!Love the color palette so much. Good time to stop indeed! What a double bonus to have a good likeness of your son as well.