Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Speak Not" oil on canvas 24x36"

click on image to bid
For those of you that have followed my blog (thank you), you know who this is. My poor neighbor Sarah has no idea she is, yet again, plaster over the internet. It was really interesting how different it was to render her so large. There are now 4 of these oversized facial canvas in my studio and it really has become fun to live amongst them. I really don't know how to best describe it. As a painter I find myself staring at them and disecting parts of the canvas; trying to remember how in the world it got there. At this juncture my brain is so full of ideas for more of these giants that I can't paint fast enough. That, topped with the fact that I have to stretch and prime the canvas.........YUK.
Okay! off to watch college basketball :)

1 comment:

98126res said...

wow your portrait paintings are nice! i followed your blog from orangette. not sure why i plucked yours out of, what 100 or so comments, except for your nice advice about their flooring, and the fact you live in enumclaw. i live in ballard. i have posted 1x to my blog if one can call it that! i'm new to blogs, listening and enjoying.